So I finally got the Bradley from Zvezda via PSC. I've already seen this on other blogs and some of early observations concerned me that the vehicle was a much later variant and not great for the 1986 / Mid 1980's.
Well I had a plan in mind of what I could do to make it suit my purposes....
Frankly I love this model, it's easy to convert, easy to change, adaptable. Okay it's a bit more expensive, but for me I'll pay the extra because I can convert it much more easily.
Key things I did to change it :-
1. Cut off the rear Turret rear cage and stowage to make the turret cleaner. Filed it a fair bit and removed some bits I didn't like.
2. Cut the side armour skirts in half, reduced and cut the front end. Then built a thin strip of plastic-card ready to build Green Stuff over it.
3. Rebuilt the TOW Launcher to be "Up, ready to fire".
4. Cut off the Barrel and then drilled it out and put a Brass Barrel in.
5. Cleaned up the rest of the model, and then added some stowages and packages.
On top of this, you might notice that I've swapped out the Barrel for a turned Brass one. I've got another big post on this for later next week as the Barrels are often weak or easily broken on 15mm Models so I've decided to invest in them and I'm going to make them available to anyone who wants them as cheap as possible as I am ordering them in large numbers. They look great and mean your models will be playable for longer.
Some extra's and additional storage.
EDIT - Post a discussion in the Comments below with Arrigo "the Crazy" about Bradley's and the various mk's I realised I made a mistake in removing the turret bustle....No big deal, but it irked me so I approximated the following :-
It's not perfect, but in future I won't remove the bustle...*whoops - over zealous knife wielding*.
Many thanks to Arrigo for helping out and pointing out something I'd missed. I love this community, adults being adults on the Internet it's such a refreshing change from the rest of the internet.