Google+

Followers

Thursday 29 November 2012

A big Thank you 



I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting this blog and also nominating me for a Liebster Award, it is very humbling to have others within the community applaud my efforts.

An Apology

I also have to apologise to all the Cold War Fans, as I have slipped slightly back to WWII to complete some terrain projects for our Flames of War Fraternity, of which I am a member (and no FOW is not a swear word, it's a Wargame in a Historical Setting, not a Historical Wargame, so if you don't like it, well that's your choice). Anyway, I have always had a soft spot for Arnhem as my Grandfather took part in the operation (By which I mean he crashed in a Glider and was captured within hours of landing - occupational hazard when you are landing 60miles in the middle of enemy territory!). So I am working on an Oosterbeek and Arnhem boards including the Legendary Bridge.



I have also been overhauling our terrain, and so the Blog has slipped a bit. I thought I would post this for interest and to prove I'm not being Lazy...




GAMMON BOMBS TO THE FORE!


I might use these as Proxies for more modern buildings in the Cold War Campaign.  

COLD WAR CAMPAIGN NEWS



The intention is now to begin the Cold War Campaign on the 2nd February 2013 (One day out and 27 years from the Fluff start....details).

There is currently some people at my club debating that we use Flames of War Modified ruleset, I have ruled this out as it doesn't model modern weapons very well. So we are sticking with Force on Force, inspite of it being more infantry centric, I do think once you get to grips with it, it's a very good ruleset. If however it doesn't work as well  as intended, I may *repeat may* consider in 12 months or so using my lists with a modified FOW (tropic Lightning Rules) which would require me to write ranges and FP values for hundreds of Weapons (a considerable volume of work from a balance perspective!).  But for now we will use force on force rules. 



No comments:

Post a Comment